Friday, March 20th, from 4.00 pm to 8.00 pm
Saturday, March 21st, from 11.00 am to 8.00 pm
Sunday, March 22nd, from 11.00 am to 6.00 pm
Le Beffroi / Grand Salon : classical guitar hall
Nicole Ginoux Hall : electric, acoustic and folk guitars, amplifiers, woods and accessories
1 day – 5€ ( only available at the entrance )
3-days pass – 10€ (available at the entrance and online, click the link below)
The Salon de la Belle Guitare (SBG) in Montrouge, is France's leading show for all international luthiers and guitar-related manufacturers.
Over 90 exhibitors, handcrafters, luthiers, industrial brands, amp and mic makers, wood providers... carefully selected for their high-end craft, will be waiting for you at the Beffroi.
Organised by Betty Proust, Jacques Carbonneaux and Pablo-Gabriel Canteloup, the SBG has become the not-to-be-missed rendez-vous where passionate guitar-players, connoisseurs, or amateurs get to meet every year other passionate guitar-players, and crafters selected for the excellency of their "savoir-faire". The topic of the woods used for crafting and making guitar, will once again be of our main concern this year with the Local Wood Challenge* project, aiming to get all makers, and players, aware of the benefits and positive repercussions of local essences of wood use. This is why we will go bigger this year, raising awareness amongst musicans too, in this modern era where wood over-exportation is like never seen before; a communication stand will be set to inform about that, and introduce the woods used over the show.
* LOCAL WOOD CHALLENGE (LWC) : Collaboration with APLG and EGB, the project aims to have guitar built with non-tropical, or even local woods, for a much lower carbon footprint.
What's in the SALON DE LA BELLE GUITARE :
• An exceptional show featuring the latest innovations, the excellency of luthier crafters and brands from all over the world, all string-lovers inclined.
• Two showrooms : The Nicole Ginoux Hall, almost 11 000 sq ft dedicated to electric, electro-acoustic, archtop, folk, and resophonic guitars... You will also find there fx pedals, amplifiers, pick up and many other accessories crafters, wood providers, as well as lutherie school and musical practice contact lists. The Grand Salon Over 3000 sq ft exclusively dedicated to the classical, lute, post-baroque or romantic guitar, in other words all traditional plucked strings.
• Separate private studios, amp-equipped,will allow the visiting public to meet the maker, and try the piece they might have an appeal for, in the utmost quietness.
• Over 50 free demonstration showcases with selected exhibited guitars. Electric, acoustic, 6 or 12 strings, steel or nylon, each instrument has its own universe, which we'll invite you to discover with talented guitar players and renowned professionals. We will discover amplified instruments in the Salle Blin, and the acoustic ones in the Foyer bar Moëbius .
Any Question ?
You can contact us at the following email address: email@example.com